pc as a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumerdudeman

In Runtime
does anyone know of a program that allows you to make and receive calls on your computer by i guess using the phone jack on th pc

i seem to remember my friend had a similar program

thanks

I dunno about that, but you can use several IM programs to talk to someone in IM.

o oops i didnt mean to double post, i was doing this on my axim so i could have easily made a mistake like that

Yahoo has a phone program that costs 2 cents a minute...It is powered by Net2Phone...You can buy the time in $10 increments. I use it and it works very well with broadband and pretty good with slower connections and I am using it from Iraq.

i know i can use voip services and stuff but i was wondering if there is a program availible that just lets me use my computer to act as a phone with my existing home phone line

I am sure there are programs out there for doing what you want, but they will not be as easy to find as the traditional VOIP services that are out there today. The days of calling each other modem to modem direct are about over. There is a global intranet that connects you now. Like others have mentioned the best way to go and will not cost you anything is to use a service like Skype or AOL IM Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom