pc as a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumerdudeman

In Runtime
does anyone know of a program that allows you to make and receive calls on your computer by i guess using the phone jack on th pc

i seem to remember my friend had a similar program

thanks

I have XP Media Center 2005, and when I connected my phone plug to the jack on the back of my comp it shows in the taskbar who is calling me (its like a built in caller id) in the taskbar until i pick up the phone....it doesnt, however, let me make calls and save them to my pc..i wish i could do that though

Skype is the most popular program and is starting to annoy the big telephone companies as it grows bigger and bigger, it is free to make phone calls from skype to other skype users, but if you wish to phone from skype to a normal telephone there is a charge, although this charge is probably going to be cheaper than your standard phone.

i know i can use voip services and stuff but i was wondering if there is a program availible that just lets me use my computer to act as a phone with my existing home phone line

I think windows xp might have a built in feature for this. I too have a friend who used to call me via his computer from time to time. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

nero has a phone service called sipps im sure this is for the job you need

AuDioFreaK39 said:
I have XP Media Center 2005, and when I connected my phone plug to the jack on the back of my comp it shows in the taskbar who is calling me (its like a built in caller id) in the taskbar until i pick up the phone....it doesnt, however, let me make calls and save them to my pc..i wish i could do that though

I just found this feature out yesterday. I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom