pc not very well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

udda10

Beta member
hi, just wondering if anyone can help. my son has a pc which is networked up to our own. we have virus software etc on ours but none on his, as he has to access the internet through our computer does he need virus software? also, we are having a problem even starting it up at the moment, when we switch it on the black screen comes up and at the bottom a message appears saying something about chipset failure. does anyone know what this is?! i am a bit of a novice at things like this and don't want to start messing about with things if i'm going to make it worse. the second problem is that we installed a new keyboard at the weekend which worked fine until yesterday. now it won't do anything, there are no lights on at all and it basically just doesnt work! that makes the above problem worse as it says in the message press f9 to start up, but obviously without a working keyboard i cant type anything!!

please help!!!!!!!!!

every machine connected to the inet should have a realtime antivirus running...always. i suggest downloading avg. it might be in downloads at the top of this page

chipset failure could be a bad battery on the motherboard. I'd try loading default bios settings before replacing it.

sounds like your keyboard is shot. you could confirm by attaching it to another pc

I would try to do the same thing that CSAMUELS said. If that dose not work you might want to get a new computer. Did you try going in safe moded? If you can't even log in the safe moded. I would just get a new computer

Emachiens

If you looking to make a custom computer I would prefer you get NVIDIA nForce4 SLI / MCP04 chipset.

Thank you,
.//Velocity | Spaz

the chipset error maybe a sign of bad things to come, first get a different keyboard and see if pressing f9 gets you going. Until we know more there is little antivirus software is going to do to help :p (get avg once you get the other machine up and running :) )

Velocity-Spaz said:
If that dose not work you might want to get a new computer. Did you try going in safe moded? If you can't even log in the safe moded. I would just get a new computer

haha funniest suggestion i ever saw. comp problems? just get a new one?!?! lol even taking comp into a repair store would be cheaper than getting new one.

Get an anti-virus on both computers, on the computer check if the wire is unplugged, I knw it is one of the noobiest things ever, but some people get caried away and don't bother to check, that is all I can say, all the luck 2 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom