pc keeps restarting!!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Red face pc keeps restarting!!!!

hello guys new to the forum and i have a question for you guys and hopefully some one can help me get to the end of this problem.

Pc keeps restarting on boot like it will start to boot then when the windows screen gets done loading it will just restart and also i am hearing a difrent loud noise that is no usual comeing form my tower and after a while of restarting some times i can not even get this thing to turn on so i let it sit or some times if i switch the outlet it will work only to do the same thing some times i can get the screen and try load in safe mode or from last know configuraiton but it still restarts
some body told me i prolly have a virus and need to re do it but the problem is i dont have a windows xp disk but i have the code on the lil green paper stuck to the side of my pc but unfortionily i dont no have the disk or back up disk avaible or can i get hold of the person who might have one but i have the key so can some one please let me no were i can maybe download or i can just burn copy and use my same old key code

if any one has any help or questions to help get to the end of this problem please DO

Old 09-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Thumbs up Re: pc keeps restarting!!!!

Disable your Anti-Virus at Startup. Reboot and then reset your Anti-Virus.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
Default Re: pc keeps restarting!!!!

Right click My Computer and click on Properties > Advanced > Start Up & Recovery Settings and uncheck "Automatically Restart

tell us the error code
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 09-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to korky122

have you ever opened up your case or cleaned out your case lately. maby your cpu is overheating. check the temps in the bios. usually hit (del) on startup.
Core 2 Quad @ 2.5ghz (slacr)
3 gigs corsair xms2 ram
8800 gt 512 mb superclocked
Windows Vista
Old 09-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Dell and HP MBs have problems with leaking caps and will cause intermittent restarts with the "Recovered from a serieous fault" message if they are coupled with an Intel processor. I think the P4s have a special handling IRQ for hardware errors. If all else fails, try a different motherboard.
Closed Thread