PC Keeps Defaulting To 1024 X 768 Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

changintimes

Solid State Member
i tried the 1024 x 768 screen resolution about a month ago, and now i am stuck with it, even if i try to go back to 800 x 600, then when i start up again i am back to 1024 x 768 again,

every night i turn off my computer with a screen resolution of 800 x 600, and every morning i turn on my computer and it is set to the 1024 x 768 resolution,

how can i break this cycle ??

try uninstalling your video drivers and installing an updated version, if there is no updated version, just reinstall with that you have

yes, verizon DSL,

also, i tried intel graphics schemes recently, since the problem began i deleted the schemes that i created, but i still have this problem,

system restore does not work either, it won't restore any restore points for me,

You can change your resolution settings in the registry. Back it up first.
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG , system, current control set, control, video. There should be another folder or two in the video folder so open each one and look for resolution settings.There are settings for default x resolution and default y resolution. Set the values to 800 and 600 or whatever you want them to be.

tried it, it was quite disturbing, the settings are already all set to 800 x 600,

?????

the reg also has areas that say Attach.RelativeX and Attach.RelativeY, should i do anything with them ?

tried it, it was quite disturbing, the settings are already all set to 800 x 600,

?????

the reg also has areas that say Attach.RelativeX and Attach.RelativeY, should i do anything with them ?

Those should both be 0. If that didn't do it, and your drivers are current, I don't have any ideas.

yep, they're 0,

i have an idea, but can you help me with it ?

i want to remove Intel Graphics Controller completely, then reinstall it,

how do i do this ? i tried from add/remove but just got a previous version, then windows auto updates just made it the current version again, the prior Intel version did stop this mess from happening though,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom