PC Keep Booting from LAN - RPL Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

qball419

Solid State Member
Ok...I've stumble upon a very annoying problem. Here's the deal: I've just installed a fresh copy of Windows Server 2003 on an old IBM machine that has P3 processor with 20GB Hard Drive, and 256MB RAM.
When I power up, it keeps trying to load from the LAN adapter. And it tells me to "Press Home to exit RPL
loader". When I go into BIOS configuration setup, I noticed that I had the boot sequence to HD first, then Floppy
Drive. Booting from network is not even on the startup sequence. I have also change my BIOs setting to default and it keeps trying to boot from the network card.

If I press "Home" exit RPL loader, then Windows Server 2003 loads up properly. But it is just annoying to have
the PC trying to boot from the network at startup. I can't think of any logical reason as to why it is doing this.
Can someone shed some light regarding this matter? I can't think of anything else I can do. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Q

Well that is one of the options of Server 2003. It is not meant to be used on a Personal PC. It is means for business application. There it is normal for a PC to boot from the network.

I would check the options of your boot in Server 2003. There has to be the option in there that is giving that option. It wont be in your BIOS. That is a option from 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom