PC image question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
I made an image of my complete system using acronis true image 2010. IT came backing saying it succeeded but when I booted my PC up and looked t my external hard drive there was about 5 different files instead of just one. What could cause that?

thx

I'm not familiar with the way Acronis works...but it could be that you may have divided the files up to be "burnable" to a certain size, or it uses index data files. How big are the files? Do you have a couple that are huge, and a couple that are only a few kb? Or are all of them very large?

I'm not familiar with the way Acronis works...but it could be that you may have divided the files up to be "burnable" to a certain size, or it uses index data files. How big are the files? Do you have a couple that are huge, and a couple that are only a few kb? Or are all of them very large?

It is my nephews pc and he has it at home so I cant look at it right now but I think each one was around 70,000 or close to.

It sounds like it split up the image into several files so that they could be burned to a CD or other media.

^^^That's what I was thinking;

@OP: are you sure that it's not 700mb, rather than something like 70,000?

This is how Acronis works. When you look at the drive you will see several files, but when you go to image it, when you are prompted to select the image, you will only see one.

This is how Acronis works. When you look at the drive you will see several files, but when you go to image it, when you are prompted to select the image, you will only see one.

Carnage it probs is 700 MB.

Osiris, I have been using acronis for over 2 years now and I back it up to an external HD and I always see one file when it is done. When I did it on an external HD to my nephew's, it was several files which is what I don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom