pc crashes while watching movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your replies :']

I went to the link, but I don't know what to download. And about the full system specs? Sorry, but I don't know what you mean, can you guide me? (I really don't know much about this hardware stuffs :[ )

I don't play much games, but one time, when I did, it crashed and same messages popped in when I logged on.

------

By the way, some of the vcds I play are always making this horrible scratching noises and at the screen, they would freeze then colored boxes will appear. Is it because of my video card? Or sounds like the problem is on the cds?

(The files I am playing are .dat files)

the only update that will work on that card is the one in which it is going to the trash and you are putting a new one in

Well, I guess I am going to try updating my driver first, then if it still doesn't work, it's time for me to get a new video card.

Anyway, thanks for the links. I downloaded the GeForce TNT something... but I am not sure if I should uninstall the old driver first before proceeding to installing the new one? Should I? Will this overwrite the old one?

Is that supposed to be expensive or cheap? I live in the Philippines, so I really don't know.

Anyway, can you recommend me good and kick-ass video card?

My friend had this same problem a few months ago.. His computer is 6 years old so I thought it was his video card at first. But then i noticed he only had 128mb of ram.. I had 2 extra sticks of ram so i popped them in his motherboard and his his computer crash/restart problem went away. How much memory do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom