PC crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hi fellas I have been having this problem where when I play a media player like real or windows, my computer crashes and restarts. I have vista ultimate. I thought it was real player so I uninstalled it but when it happened when opening a file using windows media player, I thought something is fishy. This is what I have:

seasonic s12 600Watx12v power supply
e4300
evga 8800gtx
corsair xms2 pc6400c4 2GB
asus p5b deluxe

By the way when I turn on my PC, after the asus logo comes up, I hear 3 beeps followed by this:

"cpu fan error!
No IDE master HDD detected
Press f1 to resume"

When I PC restarted I got this message:

"Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 850B4BC8
BCP2: 8B8F36C0
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini042307-01.dmp
C:\Users\sammytheman\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-57408-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\sammytheman\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF15F.tm p.version.txt"

Sounds like you built this machine right? If not return it and get a refund as it is faulty. There should be no CPU fan errors. That means the CPU fan is not seated right on the CPU and could cause some serious damage real soon.

The IDE shows that there is a problem with your IDE Cable. Make sure that is seated right as well. It seems to be loose.

Other than that make sure you have all the updates for WMP. If you do make sure the file isnt corrupted.

I get the cpu fan failed error all the time. Its not that it's seated incorrectly. Its just the cpu fan that I chose doesn't plug into the cpu fan port on the system board. So the bios thinks i'm running without a fan. If that is the case with you, you can disable the error from within the bios.

The IDE error, is likely more related to jumpers than anything else. Or it could be plugged into the secondary IDE channel instead of the primary on the system board.
Verify that the hard drive is set to the master jumper spot, and that there are no other IDE devices on that channel that are set to master.

Then trace the cable back to the system board and make sure its in the primary IDE port. Usually it's blue. Sometimes it'll have a small "1" next to it.

Once we've got the bootup problems solved, then we'll focus on windows itself. Lets take it one step at a time here.

If that is the case with you, you can disable the error from within the bios.

Verify that the hard drive is set to the master jumper spot, and that there are no other IDE devices on that channel that are set to master.

How do I disable the error for CPU fan?? Also, say the fan really stops working; will I get some kind of error pop-up or no? How do I set HD to master jumper spot? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Acording to your system board manual...

when booting press del to access your bios.
Once in the bios, use the arrow keys to move over to the power tab. Then down to hardware monitor. Highlight cpu fan speed and press enter. Change to [ignore].
Hit esc to get back to the main tabs, go over to the exit tab, save changes and exit.

Just remember, this will cause your bios to ignore your cpu fan. ONLY DO THIS IF YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOUR CPU FAN DOES NOT PLUG INTO THE CPU FAN SPOT ON THE SYSTEM BOARD. That being said, I, nor the operators of this forum, nor anyone else anywhere is responsible for any hardware damage that may result from this. If your fan can plug into the system board, as shown here:
fanplug320.jpg
Plug it into the correct spot rather than change this setting.

As for setting jumper settings on your hard drive, it depends what model hard drive you have.
All hard drives have a little image showing where the jumpers go.
The jumpers look like this:
hd2.jpg

The label will look something like this:
ultra7200_maxtor_200gb_Jump.jpg

You may have to physically remove your hard drive to see the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom