Paste is disable - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to rikinel
Question Paste is disable

Hi digital people,
I have Win 2003 server installed on my computers, please help me how to enable paste service, I tried to copy some files from one directory to another in Drive C, but paste button is always disable, how to fix it.

Thanks you

Old 06-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Paste is disable

For copying and pasting files from one directory to another the process is simple. You simply click and highlight the intended files until all of them or the one is seen turned to the dark blue color. Then you right click on any one to see a popup menu with the copy command as one of the options in the right click menu.

Once you click on copy go over to the second window opened to the destination folder and right click again but choose paste. At that time an indicator popup springs up showing the progress depending on how many or how large the one or more files are. If that doesn't work Windows itself has a big problem.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

That isnt true. Server OS's ahve the ability to remove the copy/paste function. For reasons of security. Just think if Google allowed you to copy and paste the contents of their servers to your desktop. Same for M$ servers.

It is built into the OS to have this option turned off. I am not positive how to activate it or even if it can be activated. Have you tried to open both windows side by side and drag the selected files to the other window? What about using the Send To command?

Not having much experience with Server 2003 i will have to try and find your solution.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 06-14-2007, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie

Speaking of security vulnerabilities there's one regarding XP as well as 2003 to consider and a fix available. US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#630720
Old 06-18-2007, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to rikinel

So my last action is mapping all server drive into the others computers, and then do "copy" and "paste" from other computers. I don't know what has happened to the server.
Closed Thread