Passwords and Usernames keeps being Deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
Can you help me with this problem that I have just started to have. When I log on to the internet after logging off all my passwords and usernames are no longer available for me to log straight onto my accounts i.e my email accounts need to have my email address and password re typed in as do my bank log in details even though i have chosen for them to be remembered? Can someone please help.

Are you running any type of temp cleaner such as CCleaner or Cleanup!, etc?

Is Autocomplete setup correctly?

I am not running any type of cleaner, and the autocomplete is working alright. the sites where firefox asks me if i want the passwords remembered such as this site if it i type in the first letter of the username then a little drop down box appears with my username and i an select it and my password appears. yahoo is my homepage and when i set it up with my preferences and then log off when i log i log on again all my preferences have been deleted and they need to be reinstalled. it has only started happening over the last week or so.

Firefox has an option to clear private data every time you shut the program, check if this is enabled.
Its Tools>options>privacy

I have solved the problem, i will post a solution to the issue that was causing my problems incase anyone else suffers the same problem:

A likely cause is the file that stores cookies may be corrupt. To test this close Firefox, go to your profile folder and rename cookies.sqlite to cookies.tmp
Restart Firefox, log into those sites and then see if it remembers the logins.

Other solutions to a problem like that may be:

For other possible causes, first try clearing the cookies for the site, there may be a malformed cookie causing the problem. In the Firefox menus select Tools > Options > Privacy - In the Cookies section click "Show Cookies..." to access the option for removing cookies.
Also make sure that cookies are being accepted and not being deleted when Firefox closes. Go to Tools > Options > Privacy, on that dialog you can make sure that cookies are being accepted, then in the private data section make sure that Firefox is not set to delete cookies when Firefox closes. Also click on the Exceptions button in the cookies section to make sure cookies from those sites are not being blocked.
Next check any internet security software to make sure it is not blocking or deleting cookies. Some internet security software has privacy options that can block or delete cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom