Passwords get dumped. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyual767

In Runtime
Hello everyone. I've posted this on another forum but I've only received one response.

I've got a 2 month old computer (with XP) that has been working great until about a week ago. It picked up this bad, annoying habit of losing my ebay and hotmail passwords. Even though I have checked "remember this password" or "keep me logged in", it still dumps the password 3 out of 4 times. This evening, it's been forgetting the password everytime. It didn't do this until about a week ago.

It doesn't seem to forget my passwords to my car forums or to my radio control boat forums that I like to regularly visit. Only hotmail and ebay, which I also visit regularly.

What is causing this and how do I fix it? Thank you for your help fixing this annoying problem!

There is also a program that finds any passwords that are still stored in your computer. I forget what its called though. I think if you search techtv.com you can find it. Even in Firefox, Ebay needs the password retyped every so often.

Yes, I know that I can get Firefox and use it. However, I want to fix what is now wrong with my computer. Surely there is a setting that I need to check and/or change. I've gone to tools, internet options, security and then custom level. I don't understand what all those options mean. I think the answer is in there. Can someone tell me what to look for?

Even in Firefox, Ebay needs the password retyped every so often.

Yes, this is true. Every once in a while, ebay would require me to retype in my password. However, now it requires it 3 out of 4 times :mad: . Hotmail requires it every time now :mad: :mad: :mad: . Please help!

have you tried it from a different computer? try a different computer and see what happens, its most likely the site itself, they may have changed something, I know when I'm on fleabay I have to input the password 3 or 4 times.

techsupport, I thought about trying another computer but it took your suggestion to finally get me to do it. I have the same problem there as well! It must be a hotmail thing. They must have changed something and now we have to input our passwords each time we log on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom