password protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
how can i password protect folders on my usb pen drive?

i want to do it without needing any software, and without having to run any .exe files, as they are disabled in school.

in win98, if i remember correctly, there was a way to add some lines in the customise folder thingy, but can you do it in xp?

also, i want it to work on any computer i plug my drive into.

thanks in advance.

it does support it, however if i want to create a self extract folder, so EE doesnt need to be installed at school, i need to open a .exe, which i cannot do.

You can password protect files. In the ACL you need to remove the "Everyone" group. You can pick and choose you you want to access the Files in that folder. MAKE SURE YOU DONT DELETE THE ADMINISTRATOR GROUP. If you are sharing a machine with another person, make sure they aren't an admin on the machine as well. If they have an Administrative account, they can see anything you can.

It cannot be done what bradybnmci will not allow others to access it but it's not encrypted or password protected.

Yes with EE you need to have it installed to extract it same with WinRAR or any encryption program really the self extractors are not to be trusted.

encryption isnt really a priority. i just want to put a password on the folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom