Password Protect Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

green

Beta member
Is there a program out there that can password protect other programs?

Running Windows Vista.

Thanks.

Like what? Create a user account that is Admin and install the apps there. Then no limited accounts can run it. I dont understand what you want to do.

I want to be able to set passwords for individual programs so that you'd need the password in order for it to run. It's like the same concept as password protecting files and folders except for programs.
So e.g. let's say on your Quicklaunch bar you click on the shortcut to Firefox, before it opens it makes you enter in a password before you can start using it.

Sorry if that's not clear enough, but it's the best I can explain it :umm:

Firefox can be set with a master password, so that one is already covered. Dunno about the others.

That is a option only set by certain software. Firefox, and Opera both have a master password that can be set for obtaining your passwords to site but not to stop it from being run.

As i said in my first post. You will need to create different user accounts. Then install the software you do not want the other person to see on that account.

There is no way to protect just a single exe file and stop it form running if a user clicks on it.

Dont take this as 100% but I am sure true crypt has a feature you can do it with but I think it's only for portable apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom