Partitions went buh bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

drifftr6x

Beta member
i have 2 200 gig hard drivers and both are partion. Master drive is partion into 2. and the slave into 3 partions. I just reinstalled windows onto c drive and all my disk were visible but after some trouble with spyware and viruses i notice that 1 partion on each hard drive cant be seen in my computer. i have to type it literally. any suggestions and advoce would be greatly appreciated it tx.

Go into Disk Management too see whats going on. Right click My Computer and pick Mangae. Then click on Disk Management.

Was it a spanned volume before the reinstall by any chance?

wasisnt said:
Go into Disk Management too see whats going on. Right click My Computer and pick Mangae. Then click on Disk Management.

Was it a spanned volume before the reinstall by any chance?

i tend to have this problem adding drives on server and usualy show up in DM

Are all your partitions in the same format?
When you reinstalled windows, did you reformat or just install?

i reinstalled windows xp pro 2600 about a month ago all my disk were visible then. all the disk are formated NTFS. All my hard disks show up in disk management but not in my computer. why would these happen? and is there a way to get it to work the way its supposed to? tx alot guys Very appreciated for your help. tx

It all shows up in DM as healthy and not unallocated? Just want to know are these partion logical and not just another primary partition. Is your setup something like

1 c: primary partition --->extended and 4 logical partition (d:,e:,f:,g)

Do they have thier own drive letter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom