Partitions not accessible after new Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic

In Runtime
Hi, a few weeks ago I took my WD Caviar black HDD out of my PC and put it in an older PC for a few weeks. When I put it back in my newer PC following a fresh install of windows 7 on my SSD I can only see one of the three partitions on the WD Caviar Black.

When I go to Computer Management and right click the partitions they have no drive letter assigned and no name, Windows 7 still shows their size though. When I try to assign a drive letter I get an error message saying The operation failed to complete because the Disk Managment console view is not up-to-date. When I try to mark partition as active I am asked to ensure that the partition I am about to make includes valid system files, otherwise the disk will not start.

Any ideas on what I can do other than format the two missing partitions?

Thank You

hmm..
sound like big issue.
normally when you change the hdd in any other mobo or old pc
create problem.
is it any important file stored in missing partitions?

Well there is a lot of stuff but most of it is backed up.
I have had a look around for answers on this issue and no one seems to have any idea. I might just have to bite the bullet and format the partitions.

just be patient.
in my signature use the link and download recuva.
use recuva search it in your hdd?

Did you install Win7 on the drive once you replaced it? Did you install Win7 on the drive when it was in the older system? Is Win7 not involved with this drive at all? Other than it wont recognize it.

Did you install Win7 on the drive once you replaced it? Did you install Win7 on the drive when it was in the older system? Is Win7 not involved with this drive at all? Other than it wont recognize it.

Windows 7 was not involved with it at all. Oh well, I guess I will just load the backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom