Partitions & Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doer.

Baseband Member
I have a laptop with Windows Vista (Not very good with gaming unless you have top of the line stuff). Anyways, I was wondering if I set up a different partition with Windows XP, would the performance be comparable to that if there were no Vista Partition on the computer.

Basically, I will have two partitions, one Vista, one XP. Vista for casual browsing, and XP for gaming.

Does having another partition slow down the other partition?

If you dual boot you will not be affected at all. I dont get what you are trying to say. But If you dual boot each OS is independent and acts on its own with no affect from the other one. I triple boot and my Windows XP is not affected by my Vista install or my Ubuntu install. Just as Vista is not affected by XP or Ubuntu. Same for Ubuntu.

Ok thank you.

I just want to make sure its as if my computer doesn't even have Vista on the computer. I didn't know if having another partition slows down the other or not.

No no effect at all. Each OS loads independent of the other and they do not effect each other at all. So having a issue in Vista will not affect your XP install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom