Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They are 2 separate drives and would be recognized by the system that way.

You could set them up in a raid0 array which would require a reinstall of window and something I do not recommend.

It is best to have one drive for OS and programs and a second drive for data.
That way it is much easier when it is time for a reinstall as you will have all your data on another drive not requiring a backup.

Hm... this isn't what I was hoping for.

500GB might be a lot for some users, but I download a lot. Games, programs, music, movies, everything (all legal of course). What's the best solution, other than getting a 1TB hard drive?

You could just use C: and D: and put like music/movies etc. on D: and games/programs on C:.. But if it were up to me and I needed the space 1TB is only like $30 more, and would be worth it if I were using as much space as you.

I'm probably just going to use my first hard drive for Windows Vista 64-bit and my second one for Windows 7 64-bit (I'll be upgrading to the final version when it is out). 500GB is enough for each. And if I decide that I don't have enough space, I'll just buy myself an external hard drive for my movies and music.

What you are trying to do is RAID0. RAID0 is called RAID-ZERO because you are going to have ZERO data left if your RAID happens to break.

Just by bigger drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom