Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj_8920

Solid State Member
I have a 250 gig hard disk and it is partitioned into two drives; system (99gigs) and data (132gigs). Is it possible to allocate more disk space to my data drive without loosing saved information. For instance my data drive has 4 gigs out of 132gigs left and my system drive has 90 out of 99gigs left over, so i wanted to "grab" disk space from my system and put it to my data drive, but i don't want to loose infomation. Is that possible or i have to format?

Thank you in advance ;)

yes it is possible and safe but things can always go wrong. You need some software to do this thou..... partition manager etc

I agree, I had a bad time backing up data on a buddies computer, Had to totally reformat and lost ALL documents, but I think it was mainly caused by a power outage. Every time I have done this I haven't had a problem (On my own computer). May I suggest Acronis Disk Director or Paragon Partition Manager.

Partition Magic is a great tool which I have always had success in changing partition sizes. However, always backup!!! You never know what can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom