Partitioning problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLeafClover

Beta member
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5476/64853666.png
A picture is worth a thousand words...

How do I fix this!? I need that full unallocated space for installing Win7 and all my apps.

I initially had it partitioned into 3 separate partitions from when I installed Windows 7 beta. One for XP, one for Win7, one for data... SOMEHOW, despite making the Win7 partition AFTER the data partition, the Win7 partition wound up conjoined to the data partition, and now I can't free up the unallocated space from deleting it in order to use it to install the full version.

As you can see I don't have enough free space across my drives to just back up all of the data partition and nuke and pave. How do I reclaim the extra space taken by the extended partition?

I actually went out and BOUGHT Acronis because someone told me I could use it to fix this problem... no dice. It just shows it as adjacent unallocated areas, and won't let me shrink, remove, or join them.

Have you tried GParted? It's free... download, burn the image, and then boot from the CD. Use it to erase the 219.7 "partition", and then make the 219.7 + 150.5 a single one.

Once you are through, use your Win7 disk to format the new partition and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom