Partitioning? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Partitioning?

I'm planning to format my main hard drive.. I'm going to be doing a clean format and install from dos (loading the Windows XP disk after the system POST)

My question is:

I have 20Gig video editing folder with really important files, is there anyway for me to "reserve" that space on the hard disk, then do a clean reinstall of XP and still have that folder present on the hard drive when I go to reinstall XP?

Old 11-25-2005, 02:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

use partition magic. make a 20-30 gig partition and when it's done, copy ands paste the old folder over. never cut and paste in this instance, because if something messes up, your file will be jacked up
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread