Partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

xStevey_Bx

Baseband Member
Im not sure of the terminology so I cannot really do a search on the topic. I partitioned my har drive a few months back to create a music partition, a documents partition, and a widown partition. What I am wanting to know is if there is a way to split the windows partition into a system and an applications partition.

I tried it before but when I formated the windows partition the applications didnt seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this, becuase i format regularly but I dont like installing my programs all over again becuase there are around 20 I use on a regular basis. The same goes for games.

Thanks

Well unfornatuly there isnt. Since they put things into your registry that even if you did make the partition you would lose some important info. Registry keys, Shared Docs, and other things are kept within windows.

Is there a way to make an exact copy of my windows partition and just copy it back onto the computer and use it fresh with all my programs installed already?

ghost has to many issues. try to get your hand on drive image 7 from powerquest (it works). ghost is based off of it.

The latest Symantec Ghost versions use V2i technology developed by PowerQuest. Get V2i Protector by powerQuest. I never used the Symantec version of it but me and my entire familiy uses PowerQuest V2i Protector 2.0 to backup the drives and it works flawlessly. (PowerQuest V2i Protector is the same as Drive Image 7, the name has been changed form DI7 to V2i just before Symantec aquired PowerQuest.)
Older stuff will be chaeper, that's why you should try to buy a copy of those PowerQuest products. PQ Drive Image 2002 also works fine!

TheMajor said:
The latest Symantec Ghost versions use V2i technology developed by PowerQuest. Get V2i Protector by powerQuest. I never used the Symantec version of it but me and my entire familiy uses PowerQuest V2i Protector 2.0 to backup the drives and it works flawlessly. (PowerQuest V2i Protector is the same as Drive Image 7, the name has been changed form DI7 to V2i just before Symantec aquired PowerQuest.)
Older stuff will be chaeper, that's why you should try to buy a copy of those PowerQuest products. PQ Drive Image 2002 also works fine!

true and they work.

if you install style xp or longhorn transformation pack and ghost will not work.

and you can forget about working with sata or raid with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom