which partitation fo i select to delete??

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwingduck

In Runtime
which partitation do i select to delete??

im reinstalling windows xp, to go on my new mobo, but i dont which partiation to choose, can you guys help me out??

NTFS is a much more secure file system than the FAT32, NTFS usually used for larger storage such as 120gigs +. With the NTFS file system earlier versions of Windows can't read NTFS partitions.
I would recommend FAT32 only because if for some reason you do not like it Windows XP will allow you to switch from FAT32 to NTFS without formatting or repartitioning your ddisk drive at any time. To switch from NTFS to FAT32 is not so easy. Realy it is just personal preference. I use FAT32 myself.

darkwingduck please list your partitions. If you have any data on any of them you should either backup that data before you delete it or you should delete a partition that has no important data on it. windows xp is usually the very first partition listed at the top. assuming you've saved all files form that partition you can delete it and create a new one in it's place. choose that one when you install windows xp

i have a two partitations :
C: (NTFS) 52250 MB (45675 MB free)

D: (FAT32) 5002 MB (2193 MB free)

uhh any help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom