Partion Magic killed me - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
partition magic 7 didn't make real partition recognable by windows in dos(they were only recognize inside of windows), but they fix that by 8.

remember major, I asked you about that almost 2 years ago. you recmmended that I get PM 8 and that was never an issue again

real in. you could use pm boot disc to undo everything, but I don't know if it will work after you delelted the linux partition. try it though
You mean it doesn't get recognized by Windows setup? I had that problem as well, it would still recognize it but gives an error about non-compatible file system or something. But there's no reason to use Partition Magic for that because you can format in Windows setup.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

what I mean is with pm7 you could make 2 partitions, 1 for windows, the other for data. everything is fine within windows. you have 2 partitions

however when you go to reinstall windows, the xp cd will only see 1 partition that you had in the first place. it won't recognize anything create with pm 7

that was pm 7 weakness. it didn't make real usable partitions. PM 8 fixed all of that

Old 03-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

I don't remember Windows not recognizing PM7 partitions. Maybe it didn't accept the file system properly, but you could always format with the XP disc.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I understand what Eric is saying. That was my point.

What we mean Major is that with PM7 if you did that but you didnt want to loose the info created by PM7 you would be outta luck. It would only be recognized as 1 drive not several that you created with PM7.

So if you had your data on the PM7 partition that you didnt want to loose you wouldnt be able to format until after you found a way to backup that data so you could put it back on there.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to real_in

well guyzz.. i got my 60% of the data.. with R-studio. thanks to that 2Mb thing.. mann it RoX

well this topic really lead to a discussion with PowerQuest wont like

but i m still unable to recover my gals photographs.. donn know it is not recovering that particular folder, rest all.. it shows

regards and loads of thanks
Realin !

Old 03-03-2006, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to real_in

guyzz i tried to recover those files with scan disk, it converted all my folders in to files.. they are not recognized by windows.. is there any way i can get the folders back... the files are for 16K but they take full space, i mean if i can get back those corrupted or archived folders only, i can still try with some tools.. but in this file ****, i cant do much

Closed Thread