parental controls? How does that system work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
A friend of mine was planning to install a parental monitor software for his kid's computer. I am against the fact that he's doing this without the knowledge of his kids. What are some good parental monitoring softwares and how might one detect or stop it?

Thanks

It depends on the software used. Vista has this built right into it.

A friend of mine was planning to install a parental monitor software for his kid's computer. I am against the fact that he's doing this without the knowledge of his kids. What are some good parental monitoring softwares and how might one detect or stop it?

Thanks

you could try an Audit Log

Really? Can it be detected by like Antivirus scanners or such as?
No it can not.
Why would it be detected by antivirus software...? They're parental controls, not viruses or spyware...

The kid would be able to tell if it was running most likely too.

Actually you dont know if it on unless it is on. Because the parental control in Vista allow you to block the user account from basically everything within certain time frames. They cant even log on. Plus a weekly report is sent to the admin account of what they did.

Windows Vista: Features Explained: Parental Controls

No it can not.

Actually you dont know if it on unless it is on. Because the parental control in Vista allow you to block the user account from basically everything within certain time frames. They cant even log on. Plus a weekly report is sent to the admin account of what they did.

Windows Vista: Features Explained: Parental Controls

Yes, I know how the Vista Parental Control system works because I use it. I was refering to other parental control programs that would have to be installed. There would probably be an icon in the notification area, or a splash screen perhaps, or if the kid knows anything about computers, he would probably notice the process running in task manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom