Parental control on Windows

WorryDad

Beta member
Hi guys, I would like to ask you which third-party parental control do you find the best, I mean reliable and price/quality at a good level. I need something for blocking the inappropriate content websites for my kids.

Thanks for suggestions

Windows has a lot of built in parental control stuff since Vista. If you're on Windows 7 preferably it'd be the best.

Setup your kid with a limited account, and you can add blocked sites through the Internet Properties under Control Panel.

You could also set the machine with a static internal IP, and block the sites on the network level for that IP (or even MAC address so it can't be bypasssed), depending on what router you have (if it has the option to do this).

Thanks carnageX, but I'm looking for separate software that will be extremely easy to use with nice gui. My wife has to able to use it ;)

I'll vouch for Joe C on K9, my parents tried it on me once. Took me ages to find a way around it, and I'm rather tech savvy if you get my drift ;) But yeah, it's a great program and I'll quite happily recommend it to anyone that has kids :) Just be warned that no program is ever completely "un-bypass-able" so be weary if your child starts taking interest in the program itself :p

I agree with guys above that K9 is worth the attention. I was using it for a while, but now my kids are protected by the PCWebControl. I like it more than K9 and I can reccomend it because it has a lot of useful features and very easy interface.

Back
Top Bottom