Parental control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmidt1989

Baseband Member
I was trying to get my internet to block MySpace from my sister, and I put it under the 'restricted sites' thing and it still didnt block it. So i figured I'd try a parental control, but i didnt know what the **** i was doing. So i set up a parental control account just called 'd'. And now i dont know how to get rid of it. Its kind of a pain because it comes up as an account on the login screen. So any Idea of how i I can delete this? I have Vista Home Premium.

You do not explain in detail, however I can assume that you used a router to do this.

As I smoke on my apple tobaccy pipe, I believe I have found the answer. If you are using a router to block these webpages, then you must use a paperclip, insert this paperclip into a hole on the router. For 10 seconds you must press the button down inside the hole, 10 seconds, better make it 20 actually. After this is complete, router is reset and everything will be like it was when you got it.

I dont even know what a router is.

I went into internet properties for the restricted sites and into the control panel for the parental control.

He is not using a router to do this. He is using Parental Control Feature of Windows Vista. There is no router involved. So continue to smoke you tobaccy pipe. I got this one. ;)

For parental controls you need 2 user accounts. If not then you will put restrictions on the acting admin account (The account setup with the VIsta install) which creates nothing but problems.

So you will need to password protect that account. Then setup the "d" account to use no password. Just make sure you use the parental controls to block myspace. You can also do this thru the Windows Firewall under the Control Panel>Security settings. Just add myspace.com to the denied list.

Good show sir. I actually have relatively no experience with vista, and thus, I had no idea what he was talking about. But, good show.

Thanks Mak. I just put the site in the deny list under the firewall. SO now how can I delete this other account?

To delete the other account you have to go into the Control Panel. Under User account. Make sure you do this from the acting admin account.

From there you will be presented with some option. You will want to choose manage other identies. From tehre you should find the option on the left hand side to delete the account.

I am in XP right now so i cant quite guide you directly to it. If you are still having trouble getting to it i will reboot to Vista and give you some screenshots.

you want to delete your sisters account from your pc? if so go, start>control pane>users acount>select your sisters acount>click on your sisters account>click delete account

why are you trying to block myspace? As in is your sister younger and you don't want her to deal with all the predators and stuff? Or do you just wanna keep her off myspace and ask wtf is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom