Pagging file "Virtural memory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argilus

In Runtime
Alright, I have Win XP, when I load my in my user setting just after start up, I hear a "berrp!" noise like not a good noise comp from my computer, and then it takes like....way to long to wait for it to start up. I hit Alt+ctrl+delete and it starts up from there. I did get a message once about the paging file not being enough, so...what should I do, my system stats are below, should there be a problem setting the Virtual memory? Yeah, kind of stuck on this and I need help. So, please any suggestions would be awsome. If you need more information on things just post cause this is really annoying.

First of all go into safe mode and uncheck the startup items from msconfig.
Then take the following steps.
Click Start.
Right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
On the Advanced tab, in the Performance section, click Settings.
In the Virtual Memory section, click Change.
Chose "system managed size" click set

It's still having problems. I did that but it's still takes forever to load user settings from the start window. And it still beeps at me too. I dunno how to fix it. I just get by with the Alt+ctrl+delete to get into my windows desktop.

Sorry i missed the beep part.
Try reseating the RAM, Also check for the dispaly card in device manager from safe mode, is it installed and working properly.

If your computer takes forever to load the desktop
1. try to uncheck the unwanted startup files and non microsoft services from msconfig utility
2. do a disk cleanup
3. do a disk defragement
4. turn off the hdd file indexing service
5. stop the memory paging from registry

->If you need any kind of a help to perform any of the steps - I would be more than happy to be there... hope u fix your system with these steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom