Pagefile

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxfli

Beta member
Hi all, i have a slight problem here.

My pc has 1 hard drive and i have made a partition in it. so it has
the main partition with windows and some programs and a secondary partition which i use to store downloaded files and folders.

About 2 boots ago, suddenly windows is prompting me that my d: (secondary partition) is getting full and wants to run disk cleanup. i notice that windows has started using my d: for making a pagefile. it has always used the main partition c: for pagefile.

i have 512 RAM, and loads of disk space on c: for all the virtual memory needs. so why is windows suddenly making a pagefile on d: when theres already my old pagefile on c: with tons of extra space if it needs to expand.

i have also checked the system properties and manage virtual memory. the d: is still set as "no paging file". but that's not true since there is a pagefile in d:

after a few reboots windows hasnt cleared the new pagefile on my secondary partition and the irritating disk cleanup keeps poping up, not to mention i'm losing space on that partition for something i dont need.

any help guys, tnx.

Windows always puts a pagefile on each drive/partition. Go to the pagefile settings, go to Custom Size, and put the max at 0 and the initial size at 0, if you want no page file. Best thing would be to create a back up disc of the files on that drive, delete them from the drive and keep the page file, (things run better that way, especially with only 512MB of RAM.) Or you can get Paragon Partition Manager (or any other partition manger), and resize the partiton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom