Page file question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I have my page file on drive F. I had it set to a specific size. The other day I had to do a repair and now I go back and have two page files. One on the OS side drive C and also on drive F. It has been over a year and a half since I have done this and I don't do it often can anyone remind me what size the page file of my drive f should be and what size the one on drive c should be? I know I can't delete the page file on c because I have tried and it would not let me. Anyone? Thanks.

You could delete the page file on F. Since you dont really need to pagefiles. And you should be able to move your pagefile from C to F.

The size is your own personal choice. Some run 2GB some run 4GB. Yet more run 3GB. IT is what you choose to run. Not what we tell you.

microsoft recommends 1.5 times the size of physical ram

to change the page file you open system properties > advanced, performance settings, Advanced, virtual memory

it is my understanding that even without a page file windows will save data in virtual memory. i never really understood why something about software design

relocate it back to F.

for optimal performance the page should be in it's own partition at the beginning of the hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom