P2P software and proxy servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdkiller

Baseband Member
For some reason, schools tend to prohibit p2p software from being able to access the internet because they have this crazy idea that a the bandwidth should be used for educational purposes. However they fail to realise that they are putting a great deal of bandwidth to waste. Bandwidth which could be educationally used to distribute educational data throughout the world to each and every p2p user, thus enhancing the quality of education and distance learning for all. :D

On that note, i have tried about 10 p2p programs and none can connect through my schools proxy server. i have tried tools like HTTP Tunnel Client, Sock Cap 32, Proxifier, Proxy Cap, but none helped my situation. It is of much importance that i acknowledge that eMule is the best p2p program i have seen yet.

Does anybody have a solution to my problem? i have been reading other forums, there are other people with similar problems but i have not found a working solution.

If there are any coders reading this then perhaps somebody could code a p2p to work through port 80 and make life easier for everyone. :)

if the network admin is worth anything he will be looking for a port scanner already.

I think your going to have to live wiht the bandwidth going to waste. It's school. learn something. Cause unless you plan on going into network security, I don't think this will apply to much.

Don't go telling a tall tale story like that...

It's rather simple use direct connnect to the internet. It's even easier if they use Novell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom