OxcOOOO221 'Windows failed to load because ...'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexy_pheebs

Beta member
Please help me, I am not very good with solving problems with computers. My laptop (Acer Aspire 5630) had been playing up a little bit for the last couple of days, but because it is three years old I thought that it was just due to the fact that I had to many files and web history on it. This morning it came up with a message that windows needed had an important update so I allowed it to start. When I restarted my laptop with came up with 'Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt' and the Status says: OxcOOOO221.

It's telling me to insert a windows installation disc and restart my computer. Now I know I am going to sound really niave but I am not too sure what this is because when I bought my laptop I had Windows already on it. And also even if i did do this then would it actually fix it? Would I lose all my files? And what do you think caused this to happen? I would really appreciate it if you could help me. Thank you.

The OxcOOOO221 error code points to a system file or driver being corrupted. Have you used this disk for installation purposes before? Is the disk damaged in some way.
Also how are you trying to install vista? Did you change the boot order to boot form CD/DVD first? If not, change the boot order via the bios and boot from the disk. This way you will be able to reformat and do a clean install.

Okay instead of jumping to conclusions like above let me ask.

What version of Windows are you running? Is it XP, Vista or Win7? If it is Vista or Win7, then the response from MoM is not going to help you any. If it is XP or Win7 than the answer from Sofia will not do you any good.

Sorry folks but jumping the gun and trying to offer solutions without even knowing for sure what OS is being run is very premature. With the chance of having 3 OS's possibly on it there is no way that any solutions can be offered without first finding out what OS is being run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom