own created address book

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzwadhwa

Solid State Member
Hi Experts, we are using MS Outlook 2003. I have user who has created a huge contact list manually by herself. After her PC was replaced with the new one. She can not see that contact list in her address book when she compose new messages (which she was able to see before the PC replacement).
What I have researched so far is You can go to properties of the Contact that she created and go to outlook address book tab there and make some changes. But there is no MS outlook address book tab appearing when I go into properties. User has full rights in Exchange management console.
Are you able to help at all?

Regards
Deep
Deep Wadhwa

did you open outlook, click contacts, and right click Contacts listed under My Contacts?

What tabs are listed?

can you export & import? Does this occur in web mail too?

The contacts are in the another mailbox (which is only accessible to this user and is owner of this mailbox) which is named Doc Del and I can not see that folder when I try to export contacts to CSV file. Listed Tabs are General, Home Page, Administration, Forms, Permissions.

I think we can't access another mailbox in webmail???

Regards
Deepak

Okay let me ask this. You say that the machine that was originally used was replaced. So how were the files transfered over from that old machine to the new one? Was the original contact list exported from the old machine and then imported on the new one? What version of Office is in use now?

the poster mentioned that the user has full access to exchange mgmt console. I assume they have an Exchange Account setup. Exchange accts would not require a xfer of data as te data is stored and processed by the server. They also state they are using MS Outlook 2003

I am still waiting on user's response to try file > open > open another user's folder? on her computer.
Yes, we are using exchange server. will update accordingly once I do this. Thanks all for the help

ok, here is your problem. I have delt with this countless times.
the contact list she has created is not stored on the server it is on her old pc. They are saved as pst files. you should be able to find it on the old pc (givin it's still around) drill down into documents and settings, then the user's folder that has the list, you will have to be able to see hidden files. open local settings, the application data, then microsoft, and finaly open the outlook folder. in there you should find the contact pst file. named whatever that user called , most just say contacts.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom