Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
do they have spyware?
whats the difference between the two?

anyone use them?
is it efficient?

Right now ijust tryed shareaza and ive started downloading about 7 things and only 2 completed.

i see it getting uninstalled soon!

I use eDonkey2000 0.52 but not Overnet. Every time eDonkey starts, it connects to Overnet and another server. eDonkey has a small ad banner but no spyware. Downloads are usually relatively slow. I've stopperd using it ever since I started using BitTorrent.

Originally the edonkey (ed2k) network was a server based system (but this meant that servers could be easily traced and shut down down)..........
.........Overnet (OT) was a serverless based system (true p2p file sharing) that has the ability to also use the ed2k network as well.

I've been using OT since v 0.43 and I would recommend NOT installing any of the extra progs that come with it. Also use a proxy (like the proxomitron) to kill those banner ads (some are pre-installed though) and a firewall.

As for spyware scan with adaware and spybot after installation just to be sure (as you would for any other network client).

ED2K/OT are fantastic for non music based files BUT ensure you have files to share and keep your uploads at max. Even then it can be slow going BUT with less ****'eads using the system there are less fakes and less incomplete files. Remember the point is to SHARE files.....

Emule and mlDonkey also use the ed2k network.

hth

i agree w/roho... used shareaza in the past and had the same problems with incredibly slow & incomplete dloads. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom