Outlook will not send email

Status
Not open for further replies.

boo

In Runtime
hey i'm having a problem with sending "both" my email accounts... they both use diff servers so i know it has to be a problem with outlook

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.****.com', Server: 'smtp.****.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

i get that error with both accounts.. i know the SMTP server is right because its been ok for the last 2 years and know all of a sudden both emails will not send..

thanks for any help

boo :D

First thing to check is if you have a firewall. If you do, try disabling that and see if it sends. If not, and you are sure the addresses are correct, try setting up a new identity with that account. Sometimes they do become corrupt and simply resetting the account may clear it up.

Have you tried authentication? If not go to Tools>Accounts, then select the account and click properties. On the servers tab, select "My server requires authentication". Then click settings and type in your username and password.

hey i got your email about the guest book np

too bad i can't send you one back :( lol

and yeah i just now tryed the "My server requires authentication" it didn't seem to work

Go to your account properties again, and under the advanced tab, what port is being used for Outgoing Mail (SMTP)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom