Outlook Web Access Spell Check
I am getting an error when trying to use the Spell Checking Feature in OWA 2003. I have tried all of the following and none have worked. Any other suggestions?
The spelling in this item can't be checked. Try again later.
To troubleshoot this error message: In Internet Services Manager, make sure that the Exchweb/Bin/Spell virtual directory exists and that it contains the dictionary files.
In Internet Services Manager, make sure that that the authentication methods set on the /Spell virtual directory are inherited from the /Bin virtual directory. To verify the authentication methods, follow these steps: 1. Open IIS Manager.
2. Right-click the /Exchweb virtual directory, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Directory Security tab.
4. Click Edit next to Anonymous access and authentication control.
5. Click Integrated Windows authentication, and then click OK.
6. Click Apply.
7. If you are prompted to do so, click Select All in the Inheritance Overrides window to select all the Child Nodes in the window, and then click OK.
8. Click Edit next to Anonymous access and authentication control.
9. Click to clear the Integrated Windows authentication check box, and then click OK.
10. Click OK,
In Internet Services Manager, make sure that that the Execute permissions that are set on the /Spell virtual directory are inherited from the /Bin virtual directory. Specifically, the Execute permissions should be set for Scripts and Executables.
Make sure that all OWA users are using Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
Investigate whether antivirus programs or other programs that perform file-level scanning are preventing the spelling checker from working correctly.