synchronization in outlook express can be performed from a PC to PDA or vice versa and is not possible from a PC to Laptop. However, you need to manually copy the required files and keep on updating the same. Following steps will help you in copying the files:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder.
3. Select the folder location, and then press CTRL+C to copy the location.
4. Click Cancel, and then click Cancel again to close the dialog box.
5. Click Start, and then click Run.
6. In the Open box, press CTRL+V, and then click OK.
7. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
8. On the Edit menu, click Copy, and then close the window.
9. Right-click any empty space on your desktop, click New, and then click Folder.
10. Type "mail backup" for the folder name, and then press ENTER.
11. Double-click the Mail Backup folder to open it.
12. On the Edit menu, click Paste.
13. Close the Mail Backup window.
Copy the contents of the "mail backup" onto a floppy.
Please check the contents of the floppy for these following files:
If the contents on the floppy are similar to the contents as specified above (they need not be all the same) then perform the following steps to import them to new system:
1. Insert the floppy
2. Make a folder by name "backup" on the desktop
3. Copy the contents of the floppy drive into the "backup" folder on the desktop.
4. Open Outlook Express
5. Click File in the menu bar, select Import and then select Messages
6. Click Microsoft Outlook Express
7. Click Next
8. Click the radio button for "Import mail from an OE store directory"
9. Click OK
10. Click Browse button
11. Double-click Desktop and then select Backup folder
12. Click OK
13. Click Next
14. Click on the radio button of "All Folders"
15. Click Next, this will restore all the data into the Outlook Express boxes
16. Click Finish
This information may help you in resolving the issue.