outlook on separate computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pendo007

Baseband Member
i have a User that says when she views emails at work, it doesn't reflect at home. (the read vs unread messages) All of the email that she goes through during the day doesnt update when shes at home.

any ideas?

Yeah. It could be that both PC are set to leave the messages on the Server. So that when she downloads them at home they are still technically new. Since they were not read or removed from the Server.

Tell her to make sure her Email at home is closed out so that it doesnt downlaod to both places. Could be that she gets it at her home email application first then gets it at her work on. Also make sure it is not setup to leave the mail on the server. If she must have all her mail at both places then she will have to continue to do what she is. Since no matter what the mail will technically be new at each place.

The only other option is that she manually goes on to the mail server and marks them as read at work then when she gets howm they are not downloaded.

Yeah. It could be that both PC are set to leave the messages on the Server. So that when she downloads them at home they are still technically new. Since they were not read or removed from the Server.

Tell her to make sure her Email at home is closed out so that it doesnt downlaod to both places. Could be that she gets it at her home email application first then gets it at her work on. Also make sure it is not setup to leave the mail on the server. If she must have all her mail at both places then she will have to continue to do what she is. Since no matter what the mail will technically be new at each place.

The only other option is that she manually goes on to the mail server and marks them as read at work then when she gets howm they are not downloaded.

you beat me to it mak. I answer this a lot

Sorry to steal your thunder. But i was here when it was asked so i had to answer it. ;)

With all the questions that we constantly answer. Should just start making topic with the answers and put them all in the Index. That way we can just send them there. :laughing:

With all the questions that we constantly answer. Should just start making topic with the answers and put them all in the Index. That way we can just send them there. :laughing:

We had that for a while for other things, like hardware problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom