Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbiebrown34

Beta member
Hello,

I have recently done an update on my computer to use Internet Explorer 7. However now i have done this, everytime i try to read a new message in outlook, a pop up box appears saying "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered and problem and needs to close. We are sorry to the inconvenience"
And when i click "Dont Send (The error message)" then outlook closes and then re opens, but i can still not read my email.

The only way around this that i have found is to look at my email through the Reading Pane on the right hand side, but i cannot view the message in full size, which is very frustrating.
I have tried sending the error report to Microsoft, but i have recieved nothing back. Which has lead me to come to forums.

Here is what the error report contains;
AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8010.0 AppStamp:43d16d53
ModName: mshtml.dll ModVer: 7.0.5730.11 ModStamp:454283b4
fDebug: 0 Offset: 000a9549

If somebody can help that would be great. If not i guess i will just have to perform a restore before the IE7 problem.

Thanks for your time

Robert Brown

Have you gotten all the SP's for Office 2003? I know they have like 2 or 3 of them. that migh help you out. Also check for some updates for Office 2k3 since Ie7's release. Some of those might help you out.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Unfortunately, i do have all of the available updates. And yet nothing seems to work.
Any other ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried System File Checker?

1) Click on Start, Run
2) Type in the following command and press Enter

SFC /SCANNOW

3) The System File Checker will run and check your system for missing or corrupted files, if it finds a corrupted file, it will ask for your Windows CD-ROM to install a new copy of the file to your hard drive.

Maybe this will help out.

Hi All,

I have tried ALL of the above, but with NO LUCK?

I tried to Repair Office 2003 - Didn't work
Tried to Uninstall, Re-install and update Office 2003 - Didn't work
Tried the SFC /SCANNOW command - Didn't work!

I am completely out of ideas. Maybe a complete Windows XP Restore could work?

Very confusing.
I have also emailed Support@microsoft.com and not heard anything back, after around 2 weeks waiting!

Does anybody have any more ideas?

Thanks

Well a repair of XP is the last thing i can think of. Other than that a format and fresh install.

Finally, After all of the troubles, i have now solved the problem.

Prepare yourselves because you are not going to believe this;

If seems that, when i click the "Hide when minimized" the problem occurs! and when you uncheck the option, outlook works perfectly!
I found this out be restoring all of the defaults in Outlook, and then adding each change one by one!

I cannot believe that something so petty like that would cause such changes.
I will email Microsoft with the problem, hopefully they will find a solution, as i value the "hide when minimized" option because, well, it means i can have more windows open without outlook in the way!

I am glad i have found the solution, just annoyed that its something like that!

Thanks for all of your posts, i really appreciate everything!

Regards

Robbie

WOW. Now i can truly say that i wasnt expecting that.

I didnt even know that Office 2k3 had the Hide When Minimized option.

Glad you sorted this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom