Outlook Express Login Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxs304

Baseband Member
Approximately 2 to 3 minutes after my computer is fully booted up I get a popup window that asks me to log in to my Outlook Express mail client. I am using two separate identities of which one is password protected so when I intentionally launch Outlook Express it askes me to log in. This is normal. What I don't understand is why this window pops up without my taking any action to launch the program. I have checked all the setting in OE and nothing appears to be wrong. My computer is a 7-month old Sony Vaio running Windows XP with Service Pac 2 and Outlook Express 6. Has anybody out there ever had this annoying problem and what did you do to fix it? Thanks.

I get that same problem. It is not with Outlook Express. There is a problem with connecting to the mail server. At least for me. I have to confirm the name and password. For some reason when you dont get a response after a couple of minutes from the mail servers it jsut assumes that your username and password is wrong and asks for you to confirm it.

Thanks for the reply Makaveli213. This sounds reasonable. However, why does this happen every time ... is there always a problem connecting to the mail server every time I boot up my computer? Why does this not happen when I use my laptop computer which uses the same email client connection and the same mail server? This would seem to suggest that the problem is with email client and not the connection with the mail server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom