outlook express 5 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
Okay windows 98 running outlook express 5 i believe. THe complaint is the email attachment wont open. Its a .tif. How do you get this to open? You can save the file, and you cant click it or anything it just shows its there with the little paperclip, you click the paperclip then you cant click the file nor click save to. What do i do??

thanks,
kevin

Alright first of all you need to upgrade to Outlook Express 6. The 5 series was the worst of all of them.

:: alright i researched .tif file extensions and it says that it is an image file. So if you can save it and then open it in paint it should work.

.tif is the short extention for .tiff, which stands for: tagged image file format.

To my knowledge, Paint will not view a .tiff file. IE6 will, though.

.tiff is a semi-lossless print format used widely by the publishing industry. Most mainstream graphics products will open these (such as Adobe, Fireworks, Corel, etc.).

Is it just with that particular .tiff? Or are you unable to open any other attached images? If not, in the Security Tab in your Internet Options, make sure "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" is unchecked. In most OE updates, that becomes checked. That basically blocks every attachment because anything can "potentially" be a virus.

Hey thanks guys. Its on the .tif files. We get emails from a company every day sometimes a couple of times a day with invoices attached. They go through an auto batching program called vsi which takes like faxes and emails or some wierd nonsense. I dont really know but im am going to try star topolgys idea and make sure thats unchecked because i know it blocks out some tiff files because it can contain virus. It wont even let you select save to disk.

thanks,
kevin

Okay i just changed the security setting and it works fine. It was outlook 6 too not 5 i forgot which one it was. But thanks for the help guys saved me some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom