Outlook error (0x800CCC0E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

In Runtime
Today I keep getting the error (0x800CCC0E) when I send/receive my Hotmail email. It says "Unable connect to the server".

Running Vista Premimum 32bit with Outlook 2003.

It is very strange because I can send/receive my Hotmail on a different PC running XP Pro Outllok 2003.

I've googled the error but can't find a solution.

Can anyone help?

Hello,

How do you connect with Outlook to Hotmail? Through the Outlook Connector? Have you tried to close out Outlook and reopen it? This error shows lots of results...

Search Results

But no real answers for Outlook.

Also is this Vista or XP.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is running Vista Premium 32bit and I'm not using the Outlook connector.

Yes I have closed Outlook, restarted the PC, reset the network adapter.

It is very strange, as I said it does work on another PC running XP on the same network.

Hello,

Read my topic about how to use Outlook Connector. I am not sure how you got it setup to use hotmail without it. But i have used this app to connect with my hotmail accounts and it works perfectly. Maybe this will be yoru solution?

But maybe that first article on that search link i posted might also prove to be of some use. As it does talk of Outlook Express you can still figure out what options they are saying in outlook.

Link to thread:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/want-get-your-outlook-2007-connected-hotmail-175214/#post1383766

Cheers,
Mak

Hotmail plus (what I have) allows you to use HTTP mail server. That is how I get email normally.

Outlook connector was released for those with free outlook email addresses.

I will give outlook connector a go though.

Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry i did not know you used Plus. I personally do not. Maybe check with the hotmail support team and see if they have a answer. It could just be a glitch in the server. I personally can not say. Only contact with the hotmail support would give definate answers on that.

Cheers,
Mak

Ok, so I have tried outlook connector with no luck. Vista just freezes and gets in a tiz.

So I've contacted support probably to get some very patronizing email in return. Have you tried rebooting the computer etc.

Hello,

It isnt patronizing. They have to ask these questions cause it is not uncommon for people not to do such things. You have to give a full detailed email of what you ahve tried and what you have done to try and solve this issue. Only then can they go advanced with your solution to try and help you solve it.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello Gilinator,

This Outlook error is very very general in nature. So many things can cause this to happen. The error basically means that your unable to connect to the outbound server address listed. Most of the time, this prevents you from reaching the incoming server address as well.

I had this happen not too long ago myself. I found out it wasn't my fault, it was because I was connected to the MSN network at the time. This error is very very rare though. I would suggest running through this site that has a step by step tutorial for fixing this. This is what I bookmarked when I fixed my Outlook Express email client when I was having the 0x800CCC0E similar problem.

Link to website:
0X800CCC0E Outlook Tutorial

The tutorial page has about a 10 step or so troubleshooting process. I believe if you follow it or one similar, you will be able to resolve or at least identify the problem. I may suggest that even though it's working on one computer on the same network, you cannot rule out issues beyond that. If you do, you will only run into more trouble down the road when trying to fix something. Common sense will tell you not to waste your time, but I have found many times over from personal experience it's best to troubleshoot these things doing suggestions that don't make any sense, or appear that their wasting your time. I'm sure you can understand this.

Good luck fixing it. If you still can't resolve it after going over the research, you can send me a PM or email me here: area52@gtfonow.com

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom