Outlook Blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

contry

In Runtime
When I open outlook xp I get this message most of the time

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011127891033.aspx

I always used to get it and I could just click yes on it and everything ran fine, but today when I opened outlook xp that little screen just kept blinking and it would not let me click on it so I can't use outlook... I ran my antivirus and antispyware and everything seems normal, is just that this screen keeps blinking really fast and I can' really tell what is going on... it is hard to explain.

any idea on what could be going on?

Thanks in advance

options/security

uncheck the "Warn Me .... " box.

oh and hey, if you have antivirus that scans emails for virus's... it could be prompting it as well... but start with unchecking the box in security tab.

When I open outlook It asks to use my exchange account to connect to the server and after it connects is when I get that screen that just keeps blinking really fast, and it does not allow me to go to any of the options.

The thing is that this is not really my computer, it is my boss's computer... it was just easier to say that it was happening to me instead of explaining everything... but basically the IT guy was fired, I do graphics and advertising and they just had me cover his spot... I usually fix all the small problems but this one is frustrating I can't find what happened to outlook, and the boss just keeps asking every 5 minutes, is it done? how long is it going to take?

I'm going to try to log in in safe mode later to see if it works, if it does not work I'll try an office repair, and if not maybe I'll install office again.

I have to have a few options since I have to try them at the time I go, So I don't bother him too much... I have to have him next to me to see if something worked because he needs to use his exchange account to log in to outlook or just his account everytime I restart.

repair/re-install could work. You could also create a new account through the mail option in control panel. outlook.exe /safe might load the account without the security prompt/warning as well.

Thanks, I will try everything later when he comes back. I didn't know there was outlook.exe /safe I was going to restart the computer in safe mode but this seems better.

Thanks again

I had to install it again, that was my last option since I just had like 5 minutes to check it before he left or was in a hurry but that was the answer.

Thanks a lot brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom