Outlook 2007 PST file - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Outlook 2007 PST file

Hi Guys.

I was trying to backup my PST file in outlook 2007 (running vista home prem.), because I was reformatting my laptop (asus F3RJ) and before I wiped the drive I tested the PST to make sure I backed it up okay, and it worked.

I reinstalled the laptop, and office 2007, and went to return the backup PST to it's original place via data management and also trying import and it says my PST is not a personal folders file. Right clicking on it in properties says it is a PST file.

Bottom line is nothing i have tried will let me put it back in outlook 2007, even if i try and put it back manually in C:/computer/appdata/users/<username>/microsoft/outlook/blah blah blah...

I have tried a couple of programs to try and repair the PST (a copy of it) incase it was damaged, and it didnt work.

I'm sick of seeing this "is not a personal folders file" message, when it is.

Any help would be appreciated.
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe // AMD64 X2 4400+ Toledo // Antec True Power 2.0 550w // Tt Tsunami Case (Silver) // 2GB Nanya DDR400 // Leadtek Geforce 7900GTX 512mb // X2 WD 320GB SATA HDD // Pioneer DVR111D // Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium //
Closed Thread