Outlook 2007 - Cannot Delete a Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

philk13

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I'd greatly, greatly appreciate any help with this. I tried searching online for answers, and I found several people ASKING this question (some up to 1.5 yrs ago), but no real answers...

I have a task on my Outlook 07 task list, which was generated from an email. I cannot delete or view or do anything with this task - and the email it came from isn't to be found either. Outlook says the item cannot be found, if you try to delete it or open it. Right-clicking on it doesn't even get a right-click menu.

I have tried running the PST repair tool. I tried removing it while Outlook was "Offline". I've tried everything I can think of....

Any ideas? Please? HUGE thanks to anyone who can help.

I have some thing silumare with my deleted items earlier this year.

Try exporting your PST file, not including tasks. That is Inbox, Send Items, Calander, Contact.
Then with the task you want to keep, drag and drop them in a folder on your desktop.
Delete your orginal PST file, then import any thing back into outlook. Your remaining tasks need to dragged back in.

Thanks Keyboard Cowboy. I might try that, if nothing else works. Perhaps someone out there can provide a less drastic solution. If not, I'll try that. Please? Anyone?

I wanted to ask Microsoft how to solve this -- since I paid money for this software -- but of course MS wants over $100 to simply solve their own software's errors... sigh. Gotta luv those (near-) monopolies.

Hello all,
I guess no one has any ideas on this. Please? Anyone? any solutions out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom