Outlook 2003 stripping forwarded contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsrt

Baseband Member
I have an issue with some of my outlook 2003 users receiving contacts forwarded to them from other users. It shows up as an attachment, but when you click to open it, it just opens as a text email and not in the contacts format that it does on Outlook 2k.

I can receive contacts from him that, when clicked on, opens in the contacts form so all I have to do is click "Save" and it's now in my personal contacts list. However, they are not able to do that in Outlook 2003. Is there some type of setting that's stripping the contact attachement out of the email?

If anyone needs any further details, feel free to ask. I hope I explained it well enough.

We have our own email server, but it happens with both his exchange account or the pop account when he's off site.

So far there's only a couple people that are running outlook 2003 that I'm having these issues with. I have a couple users that are running the same setup that don't have any problems at all. That's what leads me to believe it has nothing to do with my exchange server. But I could be way off the mark. lol

I'm looking into it. I am writing the install logic for our office 2003 deployment. There is a user config that controls this I think. I'll let you know what I find.

That would be great. I've been searching everything I can think of and still haven't found a resolution for this problem. Any help you can be would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom