Outlook 2003 - Navigation pane

Status
Not open for further replies.

VibrantLife

Baseband Member
I use a fairly large directory tree to manage and organize my email, including several pst files/Outlook data files. And I use various rules so that acertain incoming mail automagically lands in various places.

But ... every time one of those messages magically lands somewhere, Outlook pops open the tree containing the target directory. Is there any way to tell Outook NOT to do this? After all, I do oknow where to look for my own mail, and I know WHEN I wish to do so! :)

Thanks!

so the rules that you made for the junk mail go to specified folders and when one comes in, the directory opens up?

Exactly, I'm just tired of closing folderserI haven't opened, and I cannot seem to find a setting to prevent this. I'm hoping someone who knows Outlook "from the inside, out" might know of some tweak for this, or ???

Thats strange..I know outlook pretty good. I currently have a set of rules setup the sameway, but my folders do not expand. One question I must ask though is if the rule is set to dump the message into a Personal Folder? Or is set to dump it to the exchange sub-inbox folder?

Thanks, messages go into various personal folders. But I have set up several independent data files (pst files) to make my project-level interactions with others easier. Each time a filter places an incoming message somewhere, that data file pops open. But even when no filter is involved, whenever anything just arrives in my Inbox or Junk Email folders, the main Personal Folders directory still pops open. Hmmm.

What view are you using in outlook. I too have rules for files to go in pst's and subdirectories, but can't say I have this problem. I use the Mail View on my inbox, which only shows mail. I'm not even sure where to start testing this. Can you post a screenshot of how it's setup?

Outlook 2003 - Navigation Pane

Hi, I thought I posted a screen shot yesterday, but apparently the file size was too large. It wants something max 600x600, but the vertical dimension is larger. If you wish to send me your email address at VLinfo@earthlink.net, I'll just send it directly. What a pain!!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom