Outlook 2003 Glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcooper97

Beta member
Hey everyone. New guy here. I'm on the HelpDesk for the company that I work for and one of my users has a very strange issue within Outlook 2k3. (This is on an XP Pro box and we use Exchange Server 2k3)

This is a very generalized version of his issue, so the numbers used are not accurate to his particular issue, however, it sould be enough to make you scratch your head. :)

User has 500 emails from various people in his inbox. He needs to locate a particualr email from John Doe. So, he highlights an email from John and then clicks the From Field Header. Like normal, it sorts the emails based on who they are from and keeps the orriginal email highlighted so he is in the John Dow group. He can do this several times with several different people and it will work like this every time. But, at random times, rather than keeping the orriginal email highlighted and going to that group when it sorts, it will sort but go to the very first email in his in box. The biggest issue that we have at the moment is that it is random. We can not consistantly reproduce the issue. There are times that it will work like it is supposed to for a good hour, and then there are times that it seems that no matter what we try, it will not sort the correct way.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? Is there a fix? Or is this a glitch that has to be lived with?

It doesnt sound like a glitch at all. What are the other thing sthe user is doing? Is he taking focus away from outlook while perofrming these tasks? IT jsut sounds as if he starts to sort the emails then goes to a browser or soem other app and the Outlook just goes back to its default settings. Which is normal activity.

Make sure that the user only stays in Outlook and see if the problem can be duplicated. Plus if it is only 1 user. That would not constitute a glitch. It would have to be able to be reproduced by everyone for a glitch to be considered or a fix even be thought of. ;)

Nope...he stays inside Outlook when this happens. I was able to watch him do this yersterday...and he was able to show me what he is talking about. But we cannot consistantly reproduce the problem. As stated...its very random.

Then i would not consider it a glitch. It could be that something he has running on the PC is causing this as well. Have you disabled everything to startup and then tried to get it?

I know you say it is completely random but if you cant constantly get the results then there isnt a fix for it. First time ihave heard of this so i doubt there is a patch out there.

Is Office 2003 fully updated to SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom