Outlook 2003 bug means I get certain identical emails every few second!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azam.biz

Baseband Member
I have Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2.

I have been a member of many forums for years, but have never had this problem. I keep getting a message every few seconds that there has been a post on one of the threads I subscribed to and it has been like this for weeks. See this screenshot for an example:

annoying.jpg

All emails have the same sent time, so they appear together, below more recent emails, in my Outlook inbox.

This is happening from two seperate forums, so it is not a problem with the forums. I have tried everything, including unsubscribing to the forum emails, changing my email address at the forums, blocking all emails from the forums in questions with my email provider etc. etc.

The problem is obviously with Outlook. Anybody got an idea why I'm getting the identical emails every few seconds?

I've tried 'fixing' Outlook in control panel, but can't do so because of some apparent missing files.

It's extremely annoying that, whenever I check my email, there are dozens of identical emails.

Thanks a million.

Are you downloading them from GMail? I had that problem once and I went to my settings in my GMail and click on the download mail from now on instead of dowanload all mail, even read.

What service are you using? Is this thru your ISP? Also check your settings thru Outlook. IT might not have the options set up correctly. I will check mine out and see if i can find something that maybe of use.

The emails are coming through an address based on my own domain name, azam.com

I am just bewildered. All these hundreds of identical emails every day are driving me crazy. Hate friggin' computers.

Can anybody help at all please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom