Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
I am having to create a signature for one of our offices and i'm having issues.

The issue is the signature they want has an active X control within it so it requires Active X to run. I'm guessing this has to do with the small image that we had put into the signature.

I've gotten as far as enabling active X so i no longer get any errors when inserting the signature, but outlook puts a small gray window above the signature. You can delete it, but having users do this every time isn't acceptable.

Looking online i see many people with the similar issue - no resolutions though.

Funny part is this office is running 2003, HQ (where i'm at) uses 2007 and this problem doesn't occur. you can copy and past the entire signature and it works like a charm. If you try that in 2003 you get active X errors, when you fix the security settings you get the signature with a gray box above it.

Ideas?

What if you don't copy and paste it? What happens if you try to generate the signature from scratch and import that image directly to the signature. Could be that it doesn't work cause of changes made to office from 03 to 07.

Thanks ksod. Ya i found that the fix was to create it in 2007, email it to the 2003 account then copy and paste it. For whatever reason 2007 converts it without issue, so if you use that as your signature and send it off then use that email you sent as a template it works like a charm. Similar to what you are suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom